Do you know what the usual signs and symptoms of gum disease are? Since gum disease is an infection of your gum tissue, potential signs can be displayed throughout your mouth, including in your teeth. Listed below are common symptoms to look for:
– Look for sensitive gums that appear irregular and damaged, exhibiting signs of swelling, bleeding, tenderness, and inflammation.
– Look for symptoms and signs that bleeding occurs regularly, including when eating meals or cleaning your teeth.
– Look for signs that your gums may be withdrawing from your teeth, as gum disease often makes your teeth look longer than normal, and may even be exposing a tooth’s roots.
– Check to see if any medications you are taking list dry mouth as a side effect, which is a known cause of gum disease.
– Sidestep vices that continually damage your mouth and expose you to a higher risk of gum disease, including smoking and chewing tobacco.
– Look for signs of bad breath that frequently returns or fails to go away at all.
– Inspect your smile for any visible irregularities including loose or wobbly teeth.
If you are showing signs of gum disease, come visit Lansdowne Dental Arts for treatment today. With the helpful support of Dr. Jun H Chung and our wonderful team at our dentist office in Leesburg, Virginia, we can restore your smile to its former glory. To schedule an appointment, call us at 703-858-5990. We will get you back to smiling once more!